About Me

My name is Amanda Slingerland and I am a grade 7/8 teacher in a very small town in Ontario, Canada. It’s fall here and already I’m unhappy with our quickly changing temperatures! I would be happy if it was summer all year long, and we had only one month of snow around Christmas.

I LOVE sports and fitness. I am currently addicted to Crossfitt, but also love basketball and volleyball. I also love to read (my favourite genre is teen fiction) and write, so I am really excited to have started a class blog.

I have a 5 year old daughter, and a son who is 2 and a half. They are the lights of my life.

This year I have the MOST AMAZING group of 7/8 students and I am so looking forward to all of the exciting things we will do this year.

This avatar looks like me (15 years ago). I do still have black hair and brown eyes and wear glasses though. Also, my skin is this olive colour as well. I am always smiling so I made sure my avatar was too, and turquoise is my favourite colour so I chose that for the colour of the shirt my avatar would wear.